The thugs Harper will be aiding and abetting when he sends our troops to Ukraine
Learn the truth about recent events in Ukraine – the truth rarely seen in Canada’s mainstream media
No 1317 Posted by fw, April 23, 2015
According to an April 12, 2015 report in the Toronto Star, two hundred Canadian military trainers will be deployed to Ukraine this summer. The aim of the two-year mission — to help Ukrainian troops push back against the aggression of Russian-backed rebels claiming territory in eastern regions of the country. “The confrontation in this area is all coming from Vladimir Putin’s illegal aggression,” said Defence Minister Jason Kenney.
Speaking of “aggression”, check out the story links below distributed to subscribers in today’s Global Research’s newsletter, stories of criminal aggression, of murders and abductions of journalists and political opponents, confiscation of newspapers, censorship of websites. Acts typical of dictatorships right?
Murders and abductions of journalists and political opponents, confiscation of newspapers, censorship of websites… This is typical of dictatorships right? These events are actually happening right now in Ukraine, a country now supposedly part of the “free world” since the Maidan revolution, which ousted the democratically elected President Viktor Yanukovych. Now the U.S. is training Ukraine’s neo-Nazi National Guard and offering military equipment. Are U.S. soldiers involved in combat operations?
Learn more about the situation in Ukraine in the following selection of articles.
- Ukraine “Disappears” Opponents of the Kiev Regime. Abductions of Independent Journalists by Eric Zuesse, April 9, 2015 — There are reportedly two bloggers for the “Voice of Odessa” political site who were seized by the Security Bureau of Ukraine on April 7th, and whose “whereabouts are unknown.”
- US Military Supports Ukraine’s Neo-Nazi National Guard. Are US Forces Involved in Combat Operations? by Michel Chossudovsky, April 23, 2015 — The US military has announced that it is training Ukraine’s Neo-Nazi National Guard including its infamous Azov battalion, responsible for countless atrocities directed against civilians in Donbass.
- Ukraine Killings of Journalists: Spate of Suspicious Deaths must be followed by Credible Investigations by Amnesty International, April 21, 2015 — What makes the killing of journalist Oles Buzyna especially chilling is the fact that it is just the latest among a string of suspicious deaths of former allies of Ukraine’s deposed former President Viktor Yanukovych.
- Three Prominent Poroshenko Critics Killed in Kiev in Three Days by Sputnik News, April 17, 2015 — As the political situation in Ukraine destabilizes, the suspicious killings of prominent opposition supporters continue to transpire.
- Ukraine Blocks 10,000 Websites, Confiscates a Newspaper by Eric Zuesse, April 10, 2015 — On April 9th in Vesti tells of seizures of that day’s edition of newspapers by far-right toughs at newsstands throughout the city, and the story even shows a video of Right Sector toughs raiding and emptying a Vesti delivery van headed out for distribution.
- Italian Paper Breaks Silence Over Political Assassinations in Kiev: “Somebody is Killing those Opposed to the Ukrainian Government” by Sputnik News, April 18, 2015 — “Somebody is systematically killing all those opposed to the Ukrainian government borne from last year’s ‘revolution’.”
- The New York Times “basically rewrites whatever the Kiev authorities say”: Stephen F. Cohen on the U.S./Russia/Ukraine history the media won’t tell you by Patrick L. Smith, Salon, April 16, 2015 – “If I had to describe the force and value of Cohen’s work in a single sentence, it would be this: It is a relentless insistence that we must bring history to bear upon what we see…. It is hardly surprising that the Ministry of Forgetting, otherwise known as the State Department, would eschew Cohen’s perspective on Ukraine and the relationship with Russia: He brings far too much by way of causality and responsibility to the case. But when scholarly colleagues attack him as “Putin’s apologist” one grows queasy at the prospect of a return to the McCarthyist period. By now, obedient ideologues in the academy have turned debate into freak show.” To read more, click on the linked title…
FAIR USE NOTICE – For details click here